New area codes are a necessity!
The increased demand for communications services and technologies has led to a dramatic increase in the requirement for phone numbers in several regions across Canada.
Phone numbers are starting to run out in some areas, and new area codes will be created to meet demand. Adding a new area code enables more than seven million new phone numbers to be created!
New area codes have been successfully introduced in Canada to deal with a growing shortage of telephone numbers. This applies to the following areas:
- 365 in the 905/289 area in Ontario
- 437 in Toronto
- 431 in Manitoba
- 873 in the 819 area in Quebec
- 249 in the 705 area in northern Ontario
- 579 in the 450 area in Québec
- 343 in the 613 area in Ontario
- 581 in the 418 area in Québec
- 438 in the 514 area in Montreal
- 587 in the 403 and 780 areas in Alberta
- 226 in the 519 area in Ontario
- 778 in the 604 and 250 areas in British Columbia
- 289 in the 905 area in Ontario
- 647 in the 416 area in Toronto
Starting November 30, 2014, the new 782 area code will be established alongside 902 in the provinces of Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island.
The introduction of these new area codes is the result of decisions by the Canadian Radio-Television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC).Click here for the Canadian area code map
In Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island